Columbus Scottish Rite Center
The Valley of Columbus was founded October 16, 1923 Three decades later a building was purchased on Second Avenue which showed potential for a new site in 1950. The old two-story house that forms the front portion of the property dates from the 1880's and was an old family property. The front porch of the house was removed and the house was moved 13 feet forward on the lot toward 2nd Avenue.
The rear portion was then added and now houses the auditorium, with stage, the equipment and storage room, the dining room, with kitchen, utility room and rest rooms.
The two of the upstairs rooms in the old house were re-modeled and have been used in the past for offices and Blue Lodge "Coaching" rooms. Four larger rooms and a smaller room have been left unfinished and have been used mainly for storage.
In addition to the Scottish Rite Bodies, the only other Masonic organizations currently using the building on a regular basis are Muscogee Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine and Chattahoochee York Rite College No. 166. In the past, two Lodges have regularly met in the building (Friendship Lodge No. 706, and Muscogee Lodge No. 727. Also, Columbus Chapter, Order of DeMolay met in the building for several years.